Sunday, October 26, 2008

Yes!!!

The Pumpkin Patch trip finally came!! The kids were all so excited that the weather cooperated and the first field trip of the year actually happened!
Since I went too (along with some other parents & a grand-parent), Aidan rode with me. He's very good at navigating and telling me when to stop at red & go at green!(Recognize the sweater?!)

Right away, the kids all went running to the hay bales STOCKED with the pumpkins. Aidan found the one he wanted within 3 minutes of our van pulling into the parking lot!

Here's the preschool crew posing in front of the hay horse. It was sunny, but it was chilly!

After visiting the overly chatty donkeys, we went on a hayride to the patch of tiny pumpkins. During the ride is when it happened...my camera batteries called it quits.

Anyway everyone got to pick their own little pumpkin. Aidan immediately found one that was stemless. We carefully put it back on the ground and searched for one with a stem. While we were taking the prize pick to Nikki to have Aidan's name put on it, Jackson picked up the same stemless pumpkin & I heard Johanna say "Jackson, let's find one with a stem!".

By the end of the trip 2 pigs had frolicked, 5 goats had been fed, 1 chicken had been chased, 10 pumpkins had been picked & 10 kids got very muddy! What a great trip!

Thanks to Kim & Nikki for taking us!

1 comment:

Lynn said...

I need to see a pig frolicking. I really do. Would that be like me doing a little dance when my loving mate brings me a big bar of dark chocolate? (Oh, and can donkeys EVER be too talkative??)