Wednesday, October 22, 2008

October Garage Sale?

One or two months ago I decided that I needed to have another (YIKES! That makes 3 this year alone!) sale. I've got so much stuff left over that it has taken me FOREVER to go through everything. (The good news here? MY ATTIC IS CLEANED OF ALL PREVIOUS FAMILY MEMBERS' JUNK!!!) Anyway, I had originally wanted to have the sale a few weeks ago, but the list of things being sold has grown to include not only my things (and the other 4 humanoids that live with me) but Lorea's, Christine's, Nellie's and Nancy's. Oh my goodness! Nellie's got an attic full of treasures. Yesterday I went over and we made a substantial dent. Now don't get me wrong, if you were to go there today and take a gander, you would never know that we were there. WOW!! I will be having many more sales for her, I'm sure. Christine's got a storage bin FULL of great stuff, and Nancy's got more ebay'ish treats. I'm such a glutton for punishment. You should see my basement right now...oh dear. Anyway, it's always nice to get rid of things and buy new clothes with the garage sale fundage. I hope I feel up to shopping on Sunday because it'll be PAYDAY!

I better go for now...gotta get Aidan to bed and start reading my newest library fetch...Something Blue by Emily Giffin. I've been waiting patiently for about a month! If you haven't read it you should start with Something Borrowed and then follow it with Blue, then Baby Proof & Love the One You're With. If you don't believe me, ask Lorea & Christine...and Johanna!!!

Oh, pray for no rain tonight so we can go to the Pumpkin Patch with the preschool tomorrow! :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hope your garage sale is successful.

Tweetie

Bonnie said...

Did you sell my long "yellowed" dress?

I remember one time my mother had a garage sale (we called 'em rummage sales) and my father went down to the garage and bought some of his clothes and took them back upstairs!